Birth of a Chapel
Dave Romeo is a proven personal results coach and a dynamic national presenter in the areas of sales, leadership, personal growth, customer satisfaction, and goal setting.
How do You Start a Chapel without a Priest, a Building, or a Congregation?
If you follow the example of Saints Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Mission, you pray and persevere. This group started with about 14 people in the basement of a college professor with one Mass a month, progressed to a Comfort Inn for Sunday Mass for a few years before buying a beautiful chapel in York, PA.
Here are a few lessons to remember if you are in the same situation:
- Get the priest! Even if you have a visiting priest, you can still offer Mass. You might need to get help from several circuit priests to get off the ground.
- Advertise. Get the word and people will come from far and wide to find you. Establish a web site as early as possible.
- Use your people’s strengths. Everyone is good at something. Give people a chance to shine and contribute.
- Ask for what you want. Let people know what you need and why you need it. We raised enough money for the down payment on our chapel in less than thirty days from a very small group of dedicated Catholics.
- Create consistency. We offered Mass everyday and in many cases twice a day.
You can get all the specific details about how to start up a new Mission and read all about our incredible true success story in my book Birth of a Chapel.